Go down 
AuthorMessage
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Random Photo from a Newbie   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all, I guess i am one of the most newest member in the NP photography club. Just started photography this Feb 2009, so there still many term i don't know. Do comment on my photograph so that i can learn to shoot better. Thanks!

[img][/img]
Taken in Vivo City with a tripod. D40 with basic len kit

[img][/img]
Taken on a roof, D40 with 55-200mm lens

[img][/img]
Taken in National Park, D40 with basic lens kit

[img][/img]
Taken at a bridge near Bukit Timah, F11 and 15 Sec if i remember correctly

[img][/img]
Taken in Zoo, D40 with basic lens kit

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scandiacus
USED undies
USED undies

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Photo from a Newbie   Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:23 am

I personally like the 2nd and 3rd pics.

You might want to work more on your composition though, like for the duck picture you might wanna take the picture from a lower perspective.

Just my $0.02
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kandace
SMELLY(pew pew) undies
SMELLY(pew pew) undies

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Photo from a Newbie   Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:04 am

Hello NG!

Finally get to see you on the forum, cool. I'm no expert but this is what i think:

Picture 1: Nice effect on with the water, the shutter speed is fine i guess. it's very subjective anyway. I can't really understand why the picture was taken, unless it's just "for the sake of it" or recording purposes.

Picture 2: I LOVE the pigeon. A LOT. it's so cute and special. Do you do post processing? It might look better if it's a little brighter and if you could bring out the white more in the pigeon, it'll look great. Great bokeh by the way (:

Picture 3: Good idea with the backlight. I can't really say miuch. Maybe a higher f-stop so that the whole plant is focused (including the stem and leaves). Also, the left side of the flower is sorta merging into the light source. I would sacrifice the full frontal view of the flower and shift to the right instead. But that's what i'd do!

Picture 5: Yeah I agree with james, a little lower would make a big difference. With animals, the lower you get the better it is. (check out the cat picture below. I took it when i just started photography so it's not so good, but the concept is there Very Happy ) It'll also be really good if the duck would look at the camera! Which part of the zoo was that?

Last edited by kandace on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Hi Kandace & James!   Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the comment! I will take note of it in the future!

Pic 1 was my first night shoot, so i guess it was trying out for me...

Pic 3 was quite hard to shoot as i need to strain my hand to reach out since the flower was quite high up, will take note of the F number in the future, thanks!

Pic 5 was taken at the main show theatre, after the show which they release the duck out...

I don't do any post processing, does anyone teaches it in the NP Photography Club? I have photo shop software with me but i have totally no clue in editing them...

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scandiacus
USED undies
USED undies

PostSubject: Re: Random Photo from a Newbie   Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:30 am

paper151 wrote:
Hi,

Pic 3 was quite hard to shoot as i need to strain my hand to reach out since the flower was quite high up, will take note of the F number in the future, thanks!

Pic 5 was taken at the main show theatre, after the show which they release the duck out...

I don't do any post processing, does anyone teaches it in the NP Photography Club? I have photo shop software with me but i have totally no clue in editing them...

Yours,
Ng

Just join any kopi session if the higher ups decides to organize one. You will never leave one kopi session empty handed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kandace
SMELLY(pew pew) undies
SMELLY(pew pew) undies

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Random Photo from a Newbie   Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Scandiacus wrote:
paper151 wrote:
Hi,

Yours,
Ng

Just join any kopi session if the higher ups decides to organize one. You will never leave one kopi session empty handed Very Happy

HAHA JAMES. yes we will resume kopi sessions when school starts Very Happy (of course we will!) if you have any special requests do let us know. Btw, heard that you won first place for the theme "togetherness", good job! REPRESENT-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scandiacus
USED undies
USED undies

PostSubject: Re: Random Photo from a Newbie   Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:56 am

Ohh thanks! Jin Wei helped my a lot btw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content