AuthorMessage
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Liting & Lynette   Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi all,

Just went for a morning shoot today, feel free to comment on my photo la!

Anybody interested? Let me know la, there will be another shooting next Sat!

Liting's 1st Outfit

1)

2)

3)

4)

Lynette's 1st Outfit

1)

2)

3)

Liting's 2nd Outfit

1)

2)

3)

4)

Lynette's 2nd Outfit

1)

2)

3)

4)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm

clubsnap model shoots....HAHA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kandace
SMELLY(pew pew) undies
SMELLY(pew pew) undies

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 am

I must say that Liting is quite photogenic, but i have no idea what kind of pose she's doing in her 4th picture where she's sitting on the chair lol. (her smile in the second picture seems a bit stiff too) For the 2nd outfit 3rd picture, her eyes seem a bit out of focus.. hmm..

As for lynette.. her first outfit 2nd picture.. the chunk of hair coming down her right neck is quite distracting. But i like 3rd picture!

How long have they been modelling for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
SMELLY(pew pew) undies
SMELLY(pew pew) undies

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:19 am

+sparkles+ pretty gals +sparkles+

Nice shots~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am

Hey hey,

Thanks for the comment! Yup Kandance, some of the face portion is out of focus la... i don't why le... i did my metering already and the red box light up on their face before i press the shutter.

The print out 4R photo looks okay, i don't why it does not look ok on the computer. Maybe my Megapixel is not that good la...

Don't know how long they did modelling but i know that both of them are schooling right now. Pretty cheap to shoot the clubsnap model, only cost $25 for almost 3hr of shoot and have 2 outfit for each model la!

Agree that Liting is very good with her posing, she very young... you all will not be able to guess her age one! Razz

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:22 pm

@paper 151, i would advise u to post at the clubsnap forum under potraits and poses, i have a feeling deadpoet would slam the images, i just feel something is lacking as usual maybe my style is different, i prefer contrasty images find it abit soft. playing abit more of the curves in photoshop would help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Spazzer,

I always post in both the club snap and NP photo club la.

You are right about the ambient light, ppl in clubsnap "advise" me to use my external flash to fill in more for the ambient light. However, it a bit hard with my SB 400 as it can't sync to the high speed shutter for me to use my flash. The image always over exposed when i use my SB400.

Anyway, i will continue to try out... Btw, the image had being adjusted already, can't adjust the curve too much otherwise the image will overexposed again. This is the best condition with Pisca that i am using. It might be different if i am using a different soft ware la.

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Spazzer,

You are right about the ambient light, ppl in clubsnap "advise" me to use my external flash to fill in more for the ambient light. However, it a bit hard with my SB 400 as it can't sync to the high speed shutter for me to use my flash. The image always over exposed when i use my SB400.

Anyway, i will continue to try out... Btw, the image had being adjusted already, can't adjust the curve too much otherwise the image will overexposed again. This is the best condition with Pisca that i am using. It might be different if i am using a different soft ware la.

Yours,

u said it cant sync to ur high speed? what do u mean by saying that when you say it overexpose your image? abit contradict?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi Spazzer,

Yours,

u said it cant sync to ur high speed? what do u mean by saying that when you say it overexpose your image? abit contradict?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:52 am

spazzer wrote:

As you know that SB400 had limited function. I was using F1.8 for my picture & the Shutter speed was H1, so the external flash was not able to sync to such high shutter speed resulting in most of my picture getting overexpose la...

I know i can increase my 'F' number, but if i increase i can't get the good blur out in the background le... So i choose to shoot without my flash la...

Next time, i will increase my 'F' number and see how is the effect la...

Last edited by paper151 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 am

Hi all,

I did some more photo editing on Liting's Photo using Photoshop Element V8. Hope it has more punch la! Razz

1)

2)

Click on the photo for a bigger and clearer photo la!

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:58 pm

seems better this time round! juz that the use of space doenst work out well for pic 2, crop abit tighter, pic 1 the use of space works for it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

"As you know that SB400 had limited function. I was using F1.8 for my picture & the Shutter speed was H1, so the external flash was not able to sync to such high shutter speed resulting in most of my picture getting overexpose la...

I know i can increase my 'F' number, but if i increase i can't get the good blur out in the background le... So i choose to shoot without my flash la...

Next time, i will increase my 'F' number and see how is the effect la..."

For this relevant scenario, use a lower ISO it will help i wouldn't advise you to touch the f number because what you are loooking for is a bokeh which would be weaker when done with a larger f number
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 am

spazzer wrote:

For this relevant scenario, use a lower ISO it will help i wouldn't advise you to touch the f number because what you are loooking for is a bokeh which would be weaker when done with a larger f number

Hmm, my iso is at the lowest already. I always keep my ISO at 200 for day shoot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:24 am

spazzer wrote:
seems better this time round! juz that the use of space doenst work out well for pic 2, crop abit tighter, pic 1 the use of space works for it

Thanks! like that not my photo problem already la... it the uploading server:P

think i need to upload my file smaller to get sharper image le... cause after i shoot in raw and convert to Jpeg... my file always ends up less than 1.5 megapixel... or maybe i need to upload my file with higher pixel like NEF format...

Anyway i will need to work more on both my soft and technical skill...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spazzer
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:07 pm

i meant the spacing in ur pic... the use of space! not ur uploading Shocked
Do u know what do i mean by the use of space?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Yup Spazzer,

I heard you, i understand you are trying to tell me to crop away the distracting space and focus on the subject more for pic 2. While pic 1 is ok, because of the 1/3 rule and the background not very distracting, therefore the space it good and can stay as it is.

However, i always try to keep my photo in 4" x 6". So that when i print out it will not loss it's sharpness la... that why pic 2 have some distracting background. Moreover, the more i crop, the more megapixel i loss... that why i refrain from cutting too much...

I guess next time, i need to move closer to my subject la... this is my first shoot on the model so a bit embarrass to go too close la...

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
SMELLY(pew pew) undies
SMELLY(pew pew) undies

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:16 am

If you're using a 50mm, F1.4/1.8 lens, I suggest u drop the f.stop to F2.8. The pictures will turn out sharper (Even at the focus point). I think 50mm sharpest f.stop is F4-F8. For most of the lens, the widest aperture is not the sharpest. Depending on the lens, it gets shaper as f.stop goes lower and looses sharpness nearer to the largest f.stops, ie. f22-f32. -This does not apply to expensive lens and Macro lens!-

For filling in of the models.
During daytime, It is not advisable to use a flash because it cannot help much. What i suggest for you when you're shooting models is to carry a reflector with you. It is the best way to fill in by using the available light and reflect back onto the model. However, you'll need a helper for that case.

For reflectors, you do not have to get the round reflectors most photographers uses. For my case, I go cheapo by using a huge white cardboard bought from Popular. $2 and effective Smile.

Thats my 2-cents~ Sorry if I am wrong.

Zee,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paper151
FRESHIES undies ...
FRESHIES undies ...

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Thanks zee!

I will give it a try this monday on my friend!

I got this better quality EVA (as a reflector) that was recommend to me by someone during our last trip to the marine barrage. me will try that out....

My lens is 35mm, F1.8, nonetheless, i will try out both the F1.8 and F2.8 to see the different.

Yours,
Ng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liting & Lynette   

Back to top Go down

Liting & Lynette
Page 1 of 1